Need Troubleshooting Procedures for A/C on B14

Kieran A. Lavin kieran at kieranlavin.com
Thu May 26 16:21:57 CDT 2005

Ray, you wrote:

Sounds like either too much R134a or not enough.  Go to Wal-Mart get a
charge kit with the gauge on it and read the directions.

Ray, what do YOU know about AC on a B14?!  If I recall your B14 doesn't have
AC anymore :P

Seriously though... Darren, if you haven't touched anything regarding the AC
in a while (and it sounds like you haven't) the refrigerant's probably low.
Ray's right though, it does shudder pretty bad if there's too much
refrigerant in there.  And the ambient temperature affects the "amount" of
refrigerant in the system... it heats it up and the gas expands and makes
the pressure higher thus making it look like there's more refrigerant in
there.  I've topped off an AC system in 60 degree weather and then, when
it's 90 degrees, the system is too full and I got the shudder you're
describing and then no cold air.  Check with a gauge.

BTW Ray, I think I have the proper line to get my AC back up and running :)

kieran
(am I still subscribed to this thing? ;)