G20 rear end weirdness (and P11/B15 wheels)

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Tue May 24 21:01:25 CDT 2005

>I've heard tires with a treadwear pattern worn into the tires make a noise
>that I would have sworn was wheel bearings (and it may be), but consider the
>tire wear. I got a lot of that with the Kumho's since I couldn't run them in
>the other direction.

Yes, I've decided that I'd bet money (if anyone waled up and bet me) that
it's the tires. There are no other indicators at all of bad bearings, and
the tire wear could easily cause it. I'll swap tires front-to-rear this
weekend. No hurry for now since the alternator's stone dead and I'm driving
the SE-R (yay!!!!!) 'til my Mossy order comes in.

Also, if anyone is aaware of a set of B15 or P11 (or Altima) wheels for
sale either in southern MI, Chicagoland or even Atlanta - 15" preferred but
16" is fine - let me know. I would like to replace the G's wheels with 15"
wheels, and I've been keeping an eye on the classifieds (se-r.net,
sr20forum, and g20.net) but seen surprisingly little-to-nothing so far.

David