rust thread (was SCC car)

Turbo Dog turbodog1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 18 18:55:42 CST 2005

I know it was from awhile ago but...

I have a leak from the center bolt on the spoiler - I ffact the bolt has rusted and snapped off allowing water in and rusting the area where the lic place lights are.

I also had water in the spare tire well, not from the spoiler, or tail lights, but comes in from the upper corners where the gasket bends around the corners. It folded/creased in both corners and funnels water in during heavy rain/ car washes. A thin strip of foam fied it, mostly.
I also think I have leakage from the rear sidelight windows - haven't observed it actually in progress, yet.

davidpertuz at mindspring.com wrote:
>You can see the rust I'm talking about at
>http://www.mnautosport.com/gallery/RallySER

Also, there is a bit of surface rust on one side of the bottom edge of the inner trunk
panel at the seam with the outer panel (below the license plate area.) Water is leaking
into my trunklid somehow, but I can't figure out where. The only place that seems
possible is the gasket around the spoiler center post, but it looks OK as far as I can tell.

David

92 SE-R Turbo
188k miles of smiles