[OT] Max transmission woes

Jim Wright wrightj at apple.com
Tue Mar 15 10:19:08 CST 2005

Sorry for the offf topic, but I know there are a few Max folks out
there.  I've got a '91 GXE and last night when my wife put the car in
park, the car shuddered and started making a noise, she thought someone
might have hit the car, but nobody had.  Then, when she tried to put it
into reverse, nothing.

When I got it home, reverse actually seemed like park, and park
actually seemed like it was trying to move forward against the brakes.
Neutral even made the car pull forward, uphill.

Do any of these symptoms ring a bell with anyone?  We're actually going
to be getting a new car this week and not fix this one, and I'm trying
to figure out just how much driving (forward) is left in it.