All-Motor Costs

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:28:01 CST 2005

The more I shop for an OBD-II P10 G20t, the more I keep leaning
towards a car that's in perfectly running condition (they're just
easier to find, and not that expensive).  In the mean time, I have
this 58k-mile SR20DE roller engine in my posession.  I have the core
engine right now, with nothing but time to do what I want to it.  I am
a poor boy, but with no car payments and half of the insurance bill
that I'm used to, I'm actually building up a sizable savings account.

How much does it really cost to get an engine builder with SR20DE
expertise to do an 11:1 overbore and reassembly?  Package deal; I ship
out my engine, they ship me back a much meaner rendition of the same.
Probably with a big oil pump and oil squirters, maybe with coatings,
maybe with a mild valve job, maybe not.  A stroker would be cool, but
probably waaay more expensive than I want to involve myself.

--
-=|JP|=-   "Here; Let me show you how squeeze de fish..." <//><