"Best Japanese Engines" in Atlanta, "Red Tops"?

Mclendon, Clay CIV 43310 clay.mclendon at navy.mil
Mon Feb 28 12:03:02 CST 2005

Yeah, Jerry, I forgot to mention that about Best Japanese Engines. I heard
about the shop from Thomas Reynolds (not sure if he is on this list anymore,
but he is on SR20DEForums). He and a friend had bought a RWD SR20DET for a
Sylvia swap (for the same $1000). The shop doesn't differentiate between the
various SR20DET's. They just call them RWD and AWD. When I went and looked,
they had 1 "AWD". I got there to find it was a GTi-R engine and it sold for
the same $1000 as all other SR20DET's (no matter if they were RWD, AWD, etc).
I suggest going to the shop and seeing for yourself what they have (when some
come in). Also, ask for the price without tranny. They may lower the cost and
you won't need the tranny anyway. They were also really nice about letting me
scrounge some stuff from their spare parts bin and they had free delivery
within a certain mileage. Good people!
As for your color coding questions, I believe the "red-top", "black-top", etc
are all referring to the various RWD Sylvia engines.
clay

Message: 7