ICs, gears, racket, AC, JDM importers

jerryeads at joimail.com jerryeads at joimail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:30:48 CST 2005

Thx again, Ben-
  I thought I saw $3k for the gearset, not 2.  I thought we
were tossing REAL money around - - - :-#  I'd have to say
I'd be willing to save my shekels if $2k would give us a
gearbox that wouldn't litter the hiway. Is this stuff (PAR)
really on the shelf waiting for us?
  Yup, slap or upper rod journal.  I'd expect it to make
racket under ALL slightly trailing throttle conditions if it
were rod, but I've only heard old Brit and American motors
turn loose.
  Jason at JGY first noted one of their ICs for $800 (!!!)
when I first queried them about a turbo swap motor - if I
can use one of those little truck ICs that sounds a whole
lot cheaper.
  btw, this is ATLANTA - am I gonna be able to keep the AC
compressor and the condenser on this thing doing a turbo
swap?????  I'm too old and crotchety to suffer Atlanta
August w/o AC just for the priveledge of smoking a Mustang -

  AND, do we have opinions out there on the various JDM
importers' business practices?
  Finally, I'll be darned, the real Mike Kojima.  Should you
see this, thank you, sir, for all your wisdom. It's been
most appreciated on this learning curve.