Tires (And challenging the +38mm offset rule)[long]

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Mon Feb 7 19:35:08 CST 2005

I understand the situation here, and I won't tell people what to do with
their cars, but in my opinion, a tire rubbing a fender in a racing
application isn't the worst thing ever. I understand the racers aren't
our issue. We're talking about the street types who want to lower their
cars. I'm not even going to touch lowering the car for appearance. If
you're lowing it to lower the center of gravity, you're looking for
better handling. When you lower the car without upping the spring rate,
you've sort of made the modification pointless. Not completely, but
please, up those spring rates. You'll keep the tires off the fenders no
problem, and you'll solve world hunger in the proccess.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R