Tires (And challenging the +38mm offset rule)[long]

Daniel Lee danclee at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 12:24:03 CST 2005

Ben Fenner wrote:

> I ended up having
> to design a 12mm wheel spacer at www.eMachineShop.com to
> clear the breaks. A 15mm spacer from H&R was too big, and
> 10mm would have been too small.

I've got 195-50-15 Potenza S-03s on 15x7 38mm offset TE37s, and clearance
for the rear spring perch is definitely an issue with my Motivational
coilovers. I need to run at least a 10mm spacer if I want the tires to clear
the rear perches; no issues with the fronts. I've been skirting the issue by
playing with spring length, which allow me to keep the perch higher than the
inside of the tire.

Ben, would you mind sending me the specs for the 12mm spacer you designed?

Daniel Lee
93 SE-R