Engine Long Term Storage

Tim Rogers timrogers at charter.net
Wed Dec 22 03:31:49 CST 2004

Pat wrote:
> The only thing I can really think of is to use a dessicant plug that you
> slap in the spark plug hole.  This should keep the steel sleves from
> developing surface rust if there is moisture in the air

> www.eastwood.com - part # 46083

It would not hurt to change your oil, and then run the car for about 20 min.
to get the oil temp up enough to evaporate out all of the moisture from the
crankcase.  Then....
Get out your trusty duct - err, I mean *racer's* tape and tape up the
throttle body, IACV, dipstick tube and exhaust ports.
Finally, put the whole motor in a garbage bag, twirl it, tie it, and save it
for a rainy day.

Tim