JP's Little Fender Bender

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 15:41:33 CST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:56:01 -0800 (PST), Dan R. <mentalwedgie at ya...> wrote:

> Sorry dude, glad to not hear anything about broken JP,
> if you can source the parts in the next month you know
> I'll be there to strap them on even in the biting

So here's the status as of today.  The car's worth $8125, and I did
$6300 in damage.  According to Missouri law, once repair cost exceeds
75% of the vehicle value, it *must* be totalled by the insurance
company.  As I'm typing this, my insurance adjuster is talking with my
body man about what can be shaved from the estimate to keep it from
being totalled, and make State Farm fix my car.  That said...

If a Total Loss is incurred, State Farm will cut me a check for $7891,
of which I owe $7300 or so to the credit union.  This leaves me with
about $500.  I can buy my car back (still broken) for $125.  No, I
didn't forget a zero.  It also means that the Sentra has a clear, but
Salvaged title, which makes it unsuitable for sale, but eligible for
repair.  This leaves me with $375 in my pocket, a broken Sentra in my
driveway, and a Saturn SL2 that needs a radiator and a muffler and a
cat welded in.  I break even by the skin of my furry teeth.

What I WANT is a straight '93.5-'96 G20t with a manual transmission
that suffers one or more of the following:

 - Severe valvetrain damage/rod knock.
 - Bad clutch.
 - Impractically expensive transmission damage.

With any of the above, and my broken Sentra, I can cobble a very
functional, fun, practical, daily driver for myself.  I've seen such
cars on eBay for as low as $300, but it's a matter of timing to find
one.  Who's in it with me?

--
-=|JP|=-   "Here; Let me show you how squeeze de fish..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |      cowboydren at b15sentra dot net        |