Engine swap into G20

Lawrence Weeks lweeks at anabasis.net
Mon Nov 15 02:10:10 CST 2004

> I was going to be there on Sat helping with the swap, but David didn't
> PM me the address to the shop where you where doing the swap. Steve
> Lotho and I where going to be going up there to help out. As far as the
> engine swap, the extra plugs are for the EGR and EVAP stuff on the US
> engine, where the UK spec eGT SR engine don't have EGR or anything like
> that. You need to swap intake manifolds off the old engine onto the new
> one and same thing goes for the EGR system. That is you wanna be 100%
> emissions legal.

Yeah, David wound up not working on the engine Saturday after we got it
out Friday evening. He called me today regarding the extra sensor(s).
Since my wife is going to be having our baby within the next couple
days, I likely won't be over there to help him much more... perhaps for
a couple hours tomorrow, or later this week, just to get the engine back
in the bay if he needs help with that.

As for where he is doing it, it's in my friend's garage, near Irving
Park and Damen.

Larry