Building Motor some questions....

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Tue Aug 24 13:25:39 CDT 2004

P@ said:

> Leave the domes intact to achieve an even higher cr, but I am not
> positive if the valves will clear running the high lift of the S5 cams,

I don't think this will work.  Seems to me that the combustion chamber
shape is too different between VG and SR heads.

> this.  I also understand that Ill need to run the 11:1 program on the
> ecu if I keep the domes on the pistons.

No, you'll need the 11:1 program with *flat-topped* VG30DE pistons; the
11:1 program was written expressly for the VG pistons.  You'll be much
closer to 12:1 if you had domes on the pistons.  You *may* get away with a
10:1 program with the VG pistons, but I wouldn't suggest it.

--
-=|JP|=-   "Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |      cowboydren at b15sentra dot net        |