Odd hesitation and A/C problem

Jason Puckett jasonjpuckett at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 20:00:06 CDT 2004

I'm having a few problems with my '93 SE-R.
First it has a hesitation under heavy throttle, I feel
it start to 'drag' around 3000 rpm, then around 4000
rpm it sort of 'releases' and feels fine again.

Also, my A/C cycles on and off about once a minute
when cruising on the freeway at about 70-75 mph.  Its
a relatively new compressor and the dealer says that
is what it is supposed to do.  I know they cycle but
this is crazy.  It gets nice and cold, I feel it turn
off, it starts getting hot and musty, then I feel it
kick back on and it gets cold again.  I get about 45
seconds of cool then 45 seconds of warm.  It seems to
only happen at freeway speeds.  I believe our cars
turn the A/C off at about 3300 rpm under WOT,  Thats
about the rpm I'm at when cruising on the freeway.  I
wonder if it may be something wrong with the TPS...its
thinking the throttle is open farther than it is?

HELP!  Its hot in AZ!
Thanks for any info.