Speeding ticket (OT)

NismoDriver at aol.com NismoDriver at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 12:36:27 CDT 2004

In Florida, you can plead no contest. You will have to pay the fine, but it
will not go on your driving record or be reported to your insurance. A judge
can  mandate for you to take a driving class in addition to paying the fine,
but  usually only if you have a previously bad driving history. Your other
option is  to try and fight, in which case it becomes your word against his and
probably  wouldn't go in your favor. That would just add court costs to the price
of the  ticket, waste your time and damage your record.

There is another option, but it can cost you some coin as well. The average
charge for it is around $75 plus ticket cost. You can hire a traffic  lawyer,
they go in to court for you and plead the ticket with the  city/county
attorney down to a nonmoving violation. Usually, it's a seatbelt  ticket. You'll
still be stuck paying the fine for the seatbelt ticket, but there  again, nothing
damaging on your record.

Don't ask me how I know these things, my record is squeaky clean! ;o)

John