Startup clatter, part deux

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Mon Aug 2 21:42:39 CDT 2004

Okay, so I'm noticing the startup clatter which seemed
pretty innocuous getting worse, as in, it lasts longer.

This is also accompanied by a noticable amount of time
that the oil dummy light stays on after the engine has
started.

I haven't confirmed oil pressure with a manual gauge
yet, that will be in the next few days, but I'm wondering
in a worried sort of way what this could be?

So far all my mental ramblings have been able to figure
out is maybe something wrong with the lifters?  The low
oil pressure makes me think something that's not normally
supposed to drain out is draining out, and causing a nasty
sounding racket.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I don't want
to just rip it apart chasing wild geese if I can avoid it, besides
the expense, and the fact that it's my DD/HPDE slut.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.