noise from bellhousing after JDM/tranny install

joel & viola yesous2 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 31 18:40:06 CDT 2004

 The rattle occurs above about 2500 RPM with the
> clutch pedal out.  I'm not sure if it happens with the clutch pedal in,

When you get back to your car, start it.
See if you hear that sound at idle.
If so press the clutch in, if it goes away then
it's the TO bearing. Which means you have
to pull the trans and check the clips on the bearing
to make sure they are not bent out of shape.
*May wanna just buy new clips and a new
TO bearing. Beats taking it off again.
If it's the motor get in touch with Soko ASAP.
I hear they are good for honoring their warranty.
Hope it's the trans. L8TR Joel