Rear Main Seal

EEYORE5182 at aol.com EEYORE5182 at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 18:57:42 CDT 2004

All right, I have the flywheel off and I wanted to change the oil seal when
I was in there.  The FSM just shows a screwdriver going in and then just
popping it out.  I have done that, and it will not move.  It is like  its glued in
there somehow.  I actually have bent the oil seal outwards in  places with a
screwdriver, and it still barely has moved; if at all!!
I notice the 4 10MM bolts holding that cover on that has the seal in  it.  I
took them out, but it still wont come off.  I did notice 2  (what looks like
close to 10mm) nuts on the bottom of this, directly under the  center, but I
wasn't sure if they where part of what held this cover on or not,  and didn't
want to take them off until I asked.
Also, this thing has some gasket sealant on there.  Is that required
(probably is now that someone has put it on) or does that mean that someone has  been
messing around down there?

Alex