Water Temp gauge

Matt MA MA at legacypartners.com
Tue Jul 20 10:45:25 CDT 2004

190-210 F is a normal range for warm freeway driving, or cool city
driving. I can cruise at 160-170 F during cool freeway driving. On a hot
day driving around city streets, the coolant temps go up to 212, at
which point the fans come on and it immediately cools off.

The only time it's ever gone much higher than 220 is on a record
breaking hot summer day with the AC on, or while at the track.

I would try bleeding and/or flushing your coolant. You should also
consider adding Redline Water Wetter and a 1.2 bar radiator cap (Z32
stock cap). Also, verify that your fans are coming on at 212 F.

matt ma . 92 SE-R

>>> "Kieran A. Lavin" <kieran at kieranlavin.com> 07/19/2004 5:25:21 PM

>parking deck) with slow maneuvering and lots of low RPM pretty much
idling,
>the temp creeps up to around 220 and with more idling, it crept to 230
or so
>before it stopped creeping and the fans brought the temp back down.
I'm a