Argh! Dash cracked...

Julian julian.hancock at amd.com
Wed Jun 30 08:51:20 CDT 2004

Ray wrote:
 >What have you guys done with the VIN's?  I have to swap mine out and thats
 >the only thing holding me up.  Drill out the rivets and re-rivet?

The rivets are really soft.  You can poke them out from the back side
with a pair of needlenose and just glue your old one on with the
rivet heads intact.  Looks just like the original!

You shopuld also add a bead of epoxy to the inside edge of the replacement
dash, along where it typically peels up from to stave off future cracks.

-Julian
'92 NX turbo & '92 SE-R