2005 convention ideas

Tommy Chang t_bonez_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 19:49:47 CDT 2004

--- spdracer at mail.utexas.edu wrote:
 (MZM is a pretty
> good shop that has a AWD mustang dyno that can be
> configured for FWD), probably
> more in Austin.

I would say to stay far, far away from MZM.  I was
impressed by them when I first went and saw that they
worked on several NSXs as well as a car that was
featured on magazine covers, but they didn't know a
thing about FWD SR20's and completely screwed me out
of several thousand dollars.

Part of it was my fault for getting in over my head,
but a big portion was their fault in their complete
dishonesty, including billing me for brand new Nissan
parts while re-using my old parts, and doing extremely
shoddy work on an engine swap.  I think some of the
North Texas guys can vouch for the problems they saw
in the car.

Oh, and it took them 6 months to do it as well, even
though they had my old engine out within a couple
hours of me bringing the car in.

So let me put my vote in for NOT supporting this shop
by giving them any of our business.

My $0.02.

Thanks,
Tommy