Engine Wont Fire After Clutch Install

Bryan Smith sr20tnr at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 16:44:05 CDT 2004

 Alright, Ive searched to no conclusion. Here's whats going on. Just
installed kv clutch kit, new b14 clutch cable, got the transmission bolted
back up, brakes bled, and installed a new radio. Also I atempted to replace
the fuel gauge sending unit, however, I couldnt get to a few bolts. So i
left it alone. However I unplugged and replugged in the two plugs that go to
the fuel pump.

So, I turn key, starter cranks the engine, (belts spin). Pulled coil wire,
getting spark. BUT. No fuel. Now I checked the fuel pump relay, replaced it
with the a/c relay since im not running a/c (just incase f/p relay didnt
work. Checked fuel pump fuse inside the car. Not blown. My fuel gauge works.
But I dont believe my fuel pump is priming.

There's a ground wire going to the transmission that broke off of the
bracket holding it to the transmission (rust) Could that be why its not
getting fuel? Whats the ground there to do. My reverse lights work without
the ground hooked up to the transmission.

I've ran out of ideas. Help.