rear brake upgrade

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Mon Jun 14 19:55:58 CDT 2004

I still lurk around this list alot, just mostly for my own personall
knowledge- work leaves me no time for play, and so does the GF. I did the
Maxima rear brake swap with the NX-R/100NX rear rotors looong time ago. If U
look through the archives I discovered the non-US market NX had diff rear
brakes and basically shared the calipers with a 92-94 Maxima SE- the VE30DE
model- NOT the VG30E model. The part #s are also in the archives for the
bigger 4 bolt NX rear rotors- which are same as the Maxima rotors that are 5
bolt- in the size dimension. Has anyone tried making some kinda relocating
bracket for the B13/B14 caliper ? Us Maxima boys have this BlehmCo brake kit
( http://www.mattblehm.com/ ) which one of our fellow Maxima.org forum
members put togheter. http://www.mattblehm.com/brakes.html click here for
more info. 300ZX has a huuuge list of diff brake pads avalible to it, it
shares its calipers with Skylines and even Silvias- Summitomo makes the
calipers, and its the same caliper as a 3000GT VR4 but without the Nissan
letters on it. I recently got this kit for my Maxima- got my own calipers
off Ebay from a GT-R, rebuild, powdercoated them all for 200 bux, got me
some Hawk HPS pads for 40 bux, 159 bux-group buy, for some cross drilled (I
wanted the big brake look also) zinc plated 04 Maxima rotors, and 275 bux
for the 4 stainless steel lines and relocating brackets ( From Matt Blehm).
All put togheter my kit cost me ALOT less than Stillens, and I stop on a
dime. I find it pretty weird that us SE-R guys don't have a similar brake
kit avalible to us. G20s can use 300ZX brakes, with re-drilled 300ZX rotors
and some small mods its a direct bolt on. When is someone gonna offer a
inexpensive brake upgrade thats better than the AD22VFs ? I tended to cook
my brakes with my built DE-T alot. And I know nowa days its seems like over
half of us are turbo, when years ago it was just a few.
Mike Jez
01 Maxima looks pretty stock till ya look closely at it- good that JWT don't
make stuff for Maximas.
93 G20- SR20DET powered w/ HKS GT28RS, and slipping JWT clutch, again.