[SERCAmembers] Convention track day (Time Trials)

Kieran A. Lavin work at kieranlavin.com
Tue Jun 1 06:30:21 CDT 2004

Carlos, you wrote:

> racers are converted! :) The track is the key factor on where & when
the
> convention is held, so my best wishes to those in the northeast
since
> rumor has it they are interested in hosting 2005.

Something I've been meaning to deal with... those who are interested
in hosting or helping to host the convention next year should put
together a formal proposal.  I've received one so far and it is pretty
impressive.  I'd like to see a proposal with a preliminary schedule of
events, location, track information, hotel information, etc.  The more
information, the better.  Also important is people willing to work on
the convention.  In 2001, it was primarily Ray Kawski and myself (with
some minor input from others who know who they are and were recognized
at the time) and I spent the 4 months prior to the convention at work
spending 25-30 hours working on the convention and the remaining 15-25
working on work.  If work only knew!  I was lucky enough to be early
enough in my career to get away with it.  Never again will (or could)
that happen! ;(  We need dedicated individuals and need that to show.
I hear some folks in the northeast are interested (and have had
contact with me) as well as some folks in the southeast (and I have a
proposal).  I've also heard rumors of Texas and Chicago.  We'll
probably discuss the 2005 convention at the next mIRC meeting and then
announce a public session after that at which everyone will be invited
to speak up.  Hopefully by July 1 or so we can have a vote on the
council level of where the next convention should be after evaluating
all of the proposals.  So start working on those proposals!!!

Kieran Lavin
SERCA president