Need radiator install help...

Bubbabgd7 at aol.com Bubbabgd7 at aol.com
Fri May 21 19:52:42 CDT 2004

Hi, I have a '93 SE-R with AT and AC. Recently the radiator sprung a leak. I
purchased a new Modine 2251 radiator as a replacement. However, the new
radiator necks are approximately 5/16" smaller than the original radiator. They
start out at this smaller size and about 1 1/4" in they start tapering to a
larger size (similar in size to the original radiator). The instructions say
something about using a radiator hose reducer, but the local NAPA dealer does not
have any available that small. What is the solution to this problem? Is it
recommended to hacksaw off this smaller section of radiator neck? Even if I were to
find these radiator hose reducers, the radiator hose would be pushed too far
towards the engine due to the length of the neck. Any suggestions? I've never
run into this type of problem before. Feel free to contact me directly, as I
receive the digest version. I would like to get my car back on the road.
Thanks. Alan