Was: N15 shocks Now: Springs and perches do, struts andshocks don't.

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Thu May 20 21:13:18 CDT 2004

Gas pressurized shocks aren't supposed to.  Air shocks and
hydraulic shock setups do, but gas shocks don't typically
have anywhere near enough pressure to add spring rate.

The role of a shock is to dampen the travel, not change
it or require more weight to travel properly.  Air springs
helper kits and hydraulics, both of which I doubt really
apply to our application(s) can, and do, change ride height.

Last I heard, nobody on this list was running around in a
slammed SE-R with hydraulics like a low rider, of course
even if I was, I couldn't possibly bring myself to admit it
in this venue!

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>