CV Boot

srwadet at cox.net srwadet at cox.net
Mon May 17 14:09:22 CDT 2004

I recently ordered replacement CV boots for the passenger-side
axle for my 96 SE-R.  After pulling the axle and dismantling the
joint, I discovered the new boot would not fit over the inner joint.
The inside of the boot had three bulges which prevented it from sliding
over the cylinder part of the inner joint.   Fortunately the outer boot
appeared to be the right size to work on the inner joint so I was able
to reassemble the axle.  I talked to Courtesy again and they insisted
that I had the right part number.   Anybody else run into this problem?
I plan to use an "outer boot" on each joint.
Outer boot = 39241-0M326
Inner boot = 39741-0M326 (did not fit)
Also, I forgot to install the retaining clip that goes inside the
cylindrical part of the joint to prevent it from coming apart.
Should I be concerned about this?  I assume that the joint can
not separate when it is installed on the car.

Wade