B14 Suspension Settings w/ Hyperco Springs

Chris Pronios hpro at b-link.gr
Mon May 17 03:14:41 CDT 2004

Jason,

front B13 AGXs give the extra travel ONLY if some very specific
"pre-requisites" are met.

Check the following link:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?threadid=29022

The pics are not there any more but the summary is as follows:

B13 length from bottom of strut tube to top of strut tube = 13 inches
B14 length from bottom of strut tube to top of strut tube = 13.5 inches

B13 length from bottom of strut tube to bottom of lower spring perch = 8
inches
B14  length from bottom of strut tube to bottom of lower spring perch = 8
inches

So, basically, if you use the stock bottom spring perch (be it for
stock-like springs or for positioning the bottom spring perch of a coilover
kit like GC) you MAY or you may NOT gain this 1/2 inch of more travel. THis
depending on what your spring actually does (if it coilbinds earlier then
you do not gain anything).

The best way to ensure that you DO get the extra travel (and again, it is
1/2 inch not 1 inch) is if you actually get rid of the stock bottom spring
perch and locate the GC (or whatever) lower spring perch 1/2 lower as well
(or more with a judicious selection of longer free-length coilover spring at
the same rate).

Chris