differences between b13 and b14 throttle body cables

Paul Kieca paulkieca at msn.com
Sun May 16 12:21:13 CDT 2004

Since I have a highport engine in a b14 - the stock throttle body cable had
too much slack and I was unable to adjust it. I purchased a b13 tb cable and
swapped it in last night. The throttle body response is a lot better. Before
with my stock tb cable I would rev to i.e. 5k rpm and it would drop down to
1500 and after half a second it would proceed to drop down to 750. Now it
drops straight down to 750rpm like it is supposed to.

My question is: what is the difference between the b13 and b14 tb cables? I
compared them left and right and they seemed identical to me. The length is
also the same. At first I thought that I was sent the wrong tb cable but
after seeing the throttle response it made me wonder.

I also have pictures for those interested but they are in my buddy's digital
camera in the garage so I should have them by next Wednesday or so.

Paul Kieca
99 Sentra with a highport jdm engine