B14 Suspension Settings w/ Hyperco Springs

Berkeley and Bill Conner annapolis13315 at netzero.com
Fri May 14 08:21:47 CDT 2004

Jason Nicholson wrote:

> I just got some Hyperco B14 springs and am going to
> pair them with AGX's.  ... the
> Hyperco will lower the front 1", will I need camber
> plates?

Probably not -- a small amount of negative camber will be introduced, but
that's a good thing.

> I'm thinking on using the KYB dust boots, which have
> built in bump rubbers.  Are these good?

These bumpers are made of EXTREMELY hard rubber.  Since you are lowering
your car without shortening the strut, you will likely be on the bump stops
from time to time.  I would recommend avoiding these hard bumpers (I bought
some and, after looking at them decided not to use them.).  The Koni bump
stops are softer and will still provide protection from bottoming while
giving more control and comfort.  The dilemma is how to use the Koni (or
other suitable) bumps with a dust boot.  I finally gave up on this one and
drive with no dust boots on the struts.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Bill Conner