STIs and Evos (was mo more SE-R)

Remintin at aol.com Remintin at aol.com
Fri May 14 01:24:06 CDT 2004

In a message dated 5/14/2004 12:00:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
93SER at attbi.com writes:
6spd Maxima 3.5L SE will blow the doors off a EVO from a roll
Ok Mike...I am a long time Nissan fan, and anyone would be hard pressed to
take me on in saying that any Nissan wasn't the best on the market but here I
have to disagree. The Evo is easily putting down 0-60 times of 4.4(RS) to
4.6(VIII) with 1/4 mile times around 100-105mph in 13. ticks. The Maxima is 0-60 in
6.3 and 1/4 around 96-97mph at 14.8. Evo is fairly even in weight distro and
has the benfit of AWD. Maxima tends to be a bit heavy and is FWD. OK now slalom
times...EVO is around 70mph and the Maxima is around 62.5. Based on what I
have read, seen and heard from owners I would never say that the EVO or STi were
any less of a purchase than the Maxima, but would never turn away a Maxima.
They each serve a purpose depending on what the driver is looking to
accomplish. AWD, big power on one hand, quality, power and refined passenger qualities
on the other. If you want to talk mods it is obvious they are dime a
dozen.....but hey stock turbo on the EVO and Sti, nada on the Maxima.

Oh and you said the fastest Maxima will do low 13's....try 11's and 12's on
the Evo and Sti.

Marc
Pro Nissan...and EVO and STi