[SoCal-SERCA] Re: What tires to run for track days?

Matt MA MA at legacypartners.com
Wed May 12 16:32:21 CDT 2004

> day fun on. The problem is that I only go to track events 2-3 times a
year
> so the tires would see a lot of downtime. Is it safe for R-compound
tires
> to be kept out of use so long

Kumho rep has told me that the shelf life of their Victoracer is about
4 years. Keep in mind that tire life is also limited by the number of
heat cycles as well as the amount of tread left.

I've heard that Toyo RA-1's last longer than the Kumho Victoracer,
under normal racing/hot lapping use. But if you don't track very often,
then the point may be moot since either tire may just deteriorate from
age. Victoracer is a little bit cheaper to purchase.

matt ma . 92 SE-R