no more SE-R

Nicholas Hadiaris nhadiaris at nismo.org
Wed May 12 09:37:58 CDT 2004

Well it happened; another member with an aging B13 has replaced his SE-R with
a WRX.  I feel bad for my little classic.  It had so much potential, but at
211 thousand miles and having endured numerous Maine winters, I just don't
have the time to nurse it back to a competitive level.  I couldn't be happier
with the WRX though; itbs a 2003 sedan, five-speed and no spoiler.  It feels
incredibly solid, the handling is exceptional, the interior is luxurious
compared with my little classic, and that rush of power when the boost comes
on just can't be beat.  It's going to see a lot of track time in the future.
I plan to remain a member of the list though because damned if there's another
bunch of people that know more about turbos and chassis tuning.  And that type
of knowledge is applicable to any car.

Now to the sad part.  Would anyone like to buy my SE-R?  It is a '91, red with
a pop-up sunroof.  I've installed a PaceSetter header, Energy Suspension motor
mounts and shifter bushing.  I had a brand new Nissan alternator installed
last fall; a new water pump installed last spring, new belts, brand new brake
rotors with fresh metal-master pads on the back and a set of metal-master
front pads still in the box, and a new air filter also still in the box.  The
stereo has been upgraded with a clarion CD head unit and Polk audio 6.5s in
the rear.  It was my daily driver, always had Mobil 1 and genuine Nissan
filters.  I have almost all the records, the previous owner was another list
member who also owned a highly modified SE-R that he used frequently for track
days as well as his daily driver; this was his wifebs car that I purchased.
I know for a fact they took great care of it.  It is starting to show its age
however.  There is some rust at the bottom of the front fenders (you know
exactly where) and on the A-pillars, the paint is coming off on the roof and
spoiler, the headliner is coming down a little right next to the windshield,
and there is a small oil leak at the rear main seal.  It hasnbt done any
harm though, just take a look at the oil level occasionally in between changes
and its fine.  If you are interested just make me an offer, 804-539-3199.

-Nick
Richmond, VA
2003 WRX (stock)
1991 SE-R (lightly modded) for sale