Rollers

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 23:06:18 CDT 2004

John Heer wrote:
I have decided to stop selling parts off my wrecked SE-R and have a
junkyard tow it away.
One problem is that the car is immobile because I took off most of what
enables it to roll (no wheels, no struts, no springs).
Another problem is where the car is situated in my friend's driveway,
making it almost impossible to get a flatbed back there to winch it onto
the bed.
So, I looked into those steel rollers you can use to move cars which
have wheels and tires, but they are $179 each!!  I was thinking of
making my own out of layered plywood and heavy-duty casters.  I was
thinking of double layer of 3/4 inch plywood in 4 squares with four HD
casters on each square.  They would be placed at the jacking points of
the car fore and aft of the wheel wells.

Where are you located? I got a couple of rollers when I had my parts car and
they cost like $50 from Harbor Freight. Check there, if not and you're close
enough, I'll let ya borrow/buy mine off me. Lemme know

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods
04 Kawasaki Ninja 250R w/mods