Aluminum Racing Jack

Chris C chrisc4me at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 18:18:41 CDT 2004

I have the $90 racing jack. When I bought it a year ago it was on sale for $150. Alot of the racers here in southern california use them and for the most part they do the job well. Just make sure everythign u lift is on the middle of the pad the alum. on the outside circle will crack if you attemp to lift a heavy car on the edges. My jack has been used to lift everything from my sentra to a mustang to a Ford explorer ( the rear end) with out a problem. The $200 2 ton jack looks very nice and actually I'm going to get it next weekend. I have 2 garages 100 miles apart. I use my jack at least four times for lifting every other weekend. I guess that qualifies as medium use.

Matt MA <MA at legacypartners.com> wrote:If you go to www.harborfreight.com and search for part number 40105, you
will see an aluminum racing jack made by US General. I'm thinking about
getting one of these. Anyone have any experience with this particular
model? Here are some specs:

Min. Saddle Height: 3-1/2"
Max. Saddle Height: 17-1/2"
Overall dim.: 24"L x 12"W x 6"H
Weight: 35 lbs
Lifting capacity: 3,000 lbs
Price: $129.99

They also sell a $90 version, that is slightly smaller but also rated
for 3,000 lbs, as well as a $200 version which is significantly bigger
and lifts 4,000 lbs.

thanks for any input,
matt ma . 92 SE-R