Clutch Problem (Solved!)

Patrick Cable II ptc at pcable.net
Mon May 3 22:36:42 CDT 2004

Hi List,
    A while ago I asked what could possibly be wrong with my clutch (1992
Infiniti G20) - it was refusing to go into gear. I finally had the problem
looked at - it turns out some rivets on the pressure plate had fallen off
somehow and were floating around my clutch. The guy I took it to said he'd
never seen it before. A clutch job fixed it. So, i write this in hopes that
some frustrated person like I once was will see this in the archives and say
"Ah, so thats what it might be!"
    Of course, being a computer tech and not a car tech, it sure did cost me
($880ish). Though, i would like to learn a bit more about taking my car apart.
I'm guessing the best way of doing that is to actually expieriment, but i just
have that feeling i'll break something expensive, heh. Any words of wisdom?

Patrick