Rolling the fenders.

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Sat Apr 24 08:21:17 CDT 2004

Okay, I found out a little bit more information.

Basically, Tire Rack will 'loan' you a Hawkea
fender roller for the cost of shipping, $17.99.

Of course, they put a hold on the entire $495+
shipping to make sure they get it back, or you
get charged if they don't.  Since I can buy Eastwood's
new for $299, I don't think I'll keep Tire Rack's.

There is a 20 person backorder list, with no E.T.A.,
so it's not something I'm going to count on, but I
backordered one in case I don't figure something
else out faster.  Somebody mentioned a 1 1/4" wood
dowel, I think the fender roller will work a little better.

Additionally, I'm going to talk to a couple of local
body shops and just see if it's possible for them to
do it, i.e. do they have the right tool for the job.

According to a few things I found searching, you
need to use a heat gun to soften up the paint as you
do each pass.

Sounds like fun, eh?

Peter

--