G20 water pump replacement, crank pulley replacement, and dogbone motor mount

Ron A atteber1 at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 19 19:55:09 CDT 2004

David said:

This left the washer face of the pulley a few millimeters or so out from
the nose of the crank, but bottoming it would have the pulley hitting the
front cover

**I've had the crank pulley off a couple of times and don't remember it
sliding back until it hit the cover. I just slid it on as far as it
would go, I thought. Otherwise it wouldn't be held and would slide back
and forth on the crank. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Is the pulley on backwards?

David said:

1) one or another of the belts is too tight, or not tight enough.
	This seems unlikely to me - I marked the adjuster on the alternator belt
with a paint pen and it was easy to get it back to the same spot.

**Unless you used the same belts and I hope you didn't, marking isn't a good idea. I know that if you over tighten the water pump pulley, it will fail prematurely. I've had to readjust the a/c belt because I erred on the too loose side, but it was worth it for me not to have it too tight.

Ron Atteberry
92 Classic

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 061001-0005.jpg]