Front Control Arm rebuildon '92 SE-R, axle bearing carrier bolts.

wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 18 22:43:49 CDT 2004

At 09:13 PM 4/17/2004, you wrote:
>I only have a Haynes manual which says that after 1986 the bushings are
>not replaceable and the control arm should be replaced as a unit.  But
>then why would ES sell a bushing kit ?

Nissan doesn't sell the parts separately,  but ES does.  I suspect Nissan
decided if the any of the bushings or b-joint was in bad enough shape to
replace, then the other parts should be replaced as well.

>twist off the rear large bushing with no luck.  Guess it's off to a
>machine shop.  Anyone have experience with this ?

It's on pretty tight, and there's a metal shell indside the rubber.  Use a
hack-saw to slice into it.  Don't go so deep that you cut the arm.  As the
cut gets deeper, use a pry bar to spread the joint open.  You'll get it
eventually.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)