Strange problems after Outlaw spacer install.

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Fri Apr 16 20:56:00 CDT 2004

Okay, first off, love the fact that the intake
is pretty cool after a lot of driving/idling, etc.

I also took the time to clean out the TB some
more, bypass the coolant lines to it, and eradicate
the 3 metal tube vacuum stuff from where the
EGR/BPT used to sit.

I guess the problem I'm having is that the idle is

A) Wildly erratic ~3-500rpm 'hunting' on cold start.

B) Everything seemed fine, but as the ECU
adjusts to however it is, I'm finding a race
condition.  When I take my foot off the gas,
it's idling high - 2000rpm+ when cold, and
after a little spirited driving, over 4000!

C) When I disconnected the TPS, idle didn't
really change.  When I reconnected it, it started
'hunting' around 500rpm between 2-2500.

Maybe the AICV is sticking open?

I plan to doublecheck everything in the
morning - vacuum, TPS, AICV, base idle,