Shipping costs - B13 wheels

Brad Richards richards at cs.vassar.edu
Fri Apr 16 19:06:58 CDT 2004

This may be too late, but I shipped a set of rims and tires via UPS
this way last summer and learned a lesson...  One pair was taped up
with cardboard on either side.  The other pair was identical, but had
the set of four wheel centers inside in some bubble wrap.  The pair
with the centers was just on the high side of some UPS weight limit
where things start getting more expensive, while the the pair without
the centers was on the low side.  Both pairs felt pretty much the
same to me, but one cost something like $30 while the other was over
$40 IIRC.

	Brad

A pair, taped up with cardboard on either side, weighs *just* less than some