G35 Exhaust?

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Fri Apr 16 16:19:47 CDT 2004

J Wrote:

> I want to reproduce this exhaust sound on a current se-r do you guys
> think it's possible?  (I know it may sound like rice)

Can't be done precisely.  Unless you know how to make your engine only
1.75l in displacement, and arrange half of a Z's exhaust system under your
car, you'll never get an *exact* match. ;)  Have you investigated Stromung
exhausts?  They have a very sweet tone, but you must specify the use of a
resonator, or they just get loud.

Most Nissans with hi-po engines these days seem to use their silly
variable-capacity muffler design.  I wonder if the G sedan and the Altima
SE use this muffler, while the Z and coupe use a more traditional
performance design?  Perhaps the other way around, with the sedan/SE using
a traditional chambered muffler?

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><