cruise control

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121 at oak.njit.edu
Wed Apr 7 18:18:33 CDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Raymond Kawski wrote:

> Where does the FSM tell you to apply vacuum?  If it's at the

On the 93 FSM, EL-107 (trouble diagnoses for the ASCD... Electrical
Component Inspection)

It tells you to check if motor starts when 12v is applied across 1 and 4
and the pump harness

Then, it tells you to see if the wire is pulled when you apply 12v across
1-4 (1 being positive)  That basically starts the pump and applies vacuum
to the actuator

It then tells you to see if the wire returns to it's original position
after 50-60 seconds when the lead is disconnected from 4

#4 is the "pump release valve"

> Now if they said to hook it up to the electrical pump
> somehow then try to release it via the pins you mention
> then that makes sense because the pump probably has a release
> valve somewhere it controls.

See above :)

> Good to have someone who has tons of extra parts. :)

Yup!  Even better to have someone who could use them in their car ;)

> We can check this with Nprobe.  I believe the Speedo and
> ECU are two seperate circuits.  We can check.

I see something else now that says a fluctuation of .5V  I'll have to
check for that and check it vs. my car.  Axle comes first this weekend
though:(

kieran