cruise control

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121 at oak.njit.edu
Wed Apr 7 18:09:35 CDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Nissan Power wrote:

> That should hold for 50~ 60 second. Remove pin 1 and it should release
> immediately.

Well, I don't remember which pin was which but I think #4 is the one for
the pump release valve?  It says in the FSM that if you release negative
to that pin, the ASCD wire should return to normal after 50-60 seconds and
it didn't.  I waited till 75 or so seconds.  Removing the positive from #1
did release the wire immediately.

> It has to be an analog volt meter (needle type).

I'll have to take a look at that... what'm I looking for though?  Just the
meter to bounce back and forth as I spin the tire?  Am I looking for rapid
movement or smooth movement in the needle?

> Does you speedo needle bounce at all, or is it smooth at all speeds.

I *THINK* it's smooth but I'll have to look again.  I haven't driven the
car in a while but I would think i'd notice a bouncing speedo

> If yours is one that bounces around, you probably need to replace the
> speedo cable.

See later responses... ;)

kieran