cruise control

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121 at oak.njit.edu
Tue Apr 6 20:29:19 CDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Raymond Kawski wrote:

> Kieran I just checked this finally on my NX and the B14.  The
> throttle and ascd are opposite from each other on the B13
> and B14.   Both work the same that pulling the ASCD
> cable pulls the throttle cable but pulling the throttle does
> not pull the ASCD cable.  IIRC the B13 throttle is the
> front one and the B14 throttle is the rear one.  While

Here I am reading your message laughing... *FINALLY* I know more than Ray!
Finally!  I'm laughing because you don't know what you're talking about.
The throttle is in the front on both and the ascd is in the rear on both.
Ray's wrong.  But, I decided to wait till I checked to write anything.
D'oh, I'm wrong!

So, that said, I'm fairly certain that this is the problem.  I remember
looking at that little nub on the ASCD 'drum' that catches the throttle
and thinking it looked bent.  I took a pair of pliers and started at it.
I think 'realized' that this was a stupid idea and that I'd screw
something up so I abandoned the idea.  Plus, someone bending that piece of
metal seemed impossible with as little as it was budging with pliers.
Well, guess I either have to pry it or buy a new one.  Well, first I need
to look and compare the two cars and see if that really is the problem.

> one.  Check and make sure you didn't confuse the two as
> if you didn't follow them back you could easily do that.

uh huh :)

> You can adjust it.  You want only about 1/4" of diflection
> in the cable at closed throttle.

To me, it seems properly adjusted.  the more I look at and think of this,
the more frustrated I get :/  I'm getting so damned close though!

kieran