Brake pad recommendations

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 4 21:29:57 CDT 2004

I use Porterfield R4S pads on the street and was using them on SOW this last
track day. I must have gotten a LOT better since my last time there as I was
fading the brakes HARD. I was barely able to make a couple laps before the
pedal was sponge soft and no braking power left. Keep in mind that this is
with the NX brakes and Motul 600 fluid. I was running Dunlop W10 tires with
Motivational Coilover suspension.

The only way I was able to continue to participate was when Naji sold me a
spare set of Hawk Blue's (THANKS NAJI!) and there is no comparison when it
comes to these pads VS the R4S. I was able to run the rest of the event with
NO HINT of fade whatsoever and excellent brake feel. Now all I need to do is
to learn to use them to their full ability.

Do yourself a favor and get a dedicated set of pads for the track, and a set
for the street. Anything dual purpose is a compromise in one way or the
other. Do you want to compromise your safety when you need to stop?

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods
04 Kawasaki Ninja 250R