Brake Pad Recommendations

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Fri Apr 2 16:55:56 CST 2004

Kheim Wrote:

> tracks.  I put stock nissan pads back on and I'm happier with them on
> the street.

After my first front set (original to the car) exhibited MASSIVELY
inconsistent pad composure at 16k miles and my second set broke a backing
plate at 32k miles (that's 16k miles old), I've entirely lost my faith in
OEM pads.  If you can get a set of pads that were made a few years ago,
this is still probably fine.  Recent Nissan pad product appears to be
crap, though.  I have several friends that write and tech at a local
Infiniti dealership, and they say that the sedan pads they deal with are
just like what I had.

Right now I have a set of VGX-R pads (don't think they're readily
available yet), which are awesome street pads, but can fade quickly, and
dust like a m*th*rf*ck*r.  I've had some good feedback from autocrossers
that Akebono Pro-ACT pads are pretty sweet, so that's probably the
direction I'm leaning for my STREET car.  If you're an intermediate+ track
driver...get some real race pads.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><