Brake Pad Recommendations

Hoover, Christopher L. chris.hoover at ngc.com
Fri Apr 2 09:43:57 CST 2004

Raza,
	I don't do track, yet, but I have the Akebono Pro-ACT pads on Power Slots (stock size) on my '94 Classic and they bite good...almost too good!  Yesterday, in light rain, I was looking over my shoulder for the best price on gas and looked back ahead and the platinum haired a _ _hole in front of me was dead stopped at a yellow light in her super-sized Caddy!  Needless to say, at first, I over reacted and locked them up.  I then got my wits with me and let up on the pedal, took a hard right (not that hard...the car was already heading a little to the right) into the right turn lane, immediately followed by a hard left (to get the rear of the car around the back of the Caddy), and then, to center to straighten it out just in time to make the right turn at the light. Good thing nobody was making a right in the right turn lane!  Anyhow, I need to get my better gripping summer
tire/wheel combos out of the shed and onto the car!  I, also, will rethink if I will even dare to drive this car without the better tires on it with the great brakes!!!

Oh, almost forgot, about five minutes after this episode the girl ridding with me said "good recovery...normally I would have screamed but you had us back straight so quickly that I didn't have time to."

Chris Hoover - VA Tag PDQ SE-R
'94 Classic with 264k miles and counting