The Dyno Dip

Matt Davis Sr20dee at b15sentra.net
Tue Mar 23 21:17:29 CST 2004

mike kojima said:
> It is but it ignores the singal after 4500 rpm.

I would guess this correct.. simply becuase what is it really going to
hear over the engine drone.

its seems like on some engines however that sometimes the knock sensor can
still cause little issues involving fuel dumps and timing pulls. i noticed
this with a few Turbo ka's ive been working with.

I do notice that the only time i have never seen that dip is on your built
Sr with the dpr and 11:3 compression.

I would have also thought that with some of the minor difference between
the standard engine and the Roller engine that this would not be as
apparent. but if you look on this dyno chart you can still see the SR
trade mark if you will. however with mods the Surge after that mark is
more signifigant
http://www.b15sentra.net/mdavis/albums/hosts/dynosentrag20.jpg
thanks for all of you guy's input. i often feel like a leper when posting
on here.
matt