Alignment issue with my '92 G20?

Dan Thompson dthompson at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 22 08:03:42 CST 2004

Okay, I even deleted the message I replied to... guess I'm a bit too
eager with the "Delete" key.  <grins>

The numbers you're interested in are the toe, both front and rear.

Going from memory, the front tires are slightly toed-in (which is okay),
with the right being toed-in slightly more than the left (which isn't
good).  If you were to plot those two angles and draw a bisecting line
between them (split the "total toe" angle down the middle, with the
bisecting line going up the middle), the net effect is the same as
turning the steering wheel slightly to the left.

I believe the rears are slightly toed-out (which, again, is okay), with
the left being toed-out slightly more than the right (which isn't good).
Again, if you draw a line bisecting the total toe number (thrust angle)
you'll see the back wheels are effectively "pushing" ("steering",
whatever you wish to call it) toward the left.

While each number is either in spec or close to being in spec, you look
at the combined effect of them and you can see why the car is "pulling"
to the left.  I'd try to have the toe set so it's even from side to side
on the car.  I bet that'll clear up the problem.

-Dan